Vishuis, Langebaan lagoon
Kritzinger Architects has recently completed the refurbishment of an historic fishermans cottage on the shores of the Langebaan Lagoon. The original cottage was built in 1856 and is the last remaining "vishuis" in Langebaan. Much of the original structure was retained. New gable ends were however constructed on both side of the building and a new covered stoep added to replace the existing. The original tongue and groove internal walls were retained and stripped back to reveal their original state. The roof was reconfigured with Victorian profile metal roof sheeting and new Poplar ceilings added to the interior.